Housing Disrepair Claims

call us

Housing Disrepair Claims

When you sign a tenancy agreement to rent a property, your landlord is obligated to make sure that the property remains at a certain level. It is their housing disrepair protocol to repair any faults or damages that may have occurred on the property. Their inability or refusal to do so can result in a housing disrepair claim.

Before beginning disrepair cases, you must first inform your landlord of the disrepair and allow them 21 days to make the adequate repairs. If they fail to do so, you should then contact one of our housing solicitors who will see if you are entitled to a claim.

Housing Disrepair

There are a variety of disrepairs that you are able to claim for. Whilst one disrepair claim may be for damaged furniture or belongings, another claim may be for an injury that occurred due the landlord’s disrepair.

Due to dealing solely in housing disrepair claims, we are able to handle any form of claim related to this sector. Some of our most common claims include:

Please click on the above links to read more on each form of claim. Each disrepair claim and compensation sum depends entirely on the individual and their own case. It is for that reason that we do not reveal the target sum of your compensation before first examining your case.

The quantity of your compensation and what it goes towards once again depends entirely on your claim. You are able to claim for:

  • Medical costs
  • Damaged goods / property
  • Health risks
  • Faulty/insufficient repairs by landlord

The final point is in relation to the landlord performing an inadequate job in making the housing repairs. It could have been performed by either the landlord or hired to do so by someone else, such as a builder. You are able to make a claim against either the landlord or builder as they both have a responsibility to uphold the property.

Contacting Our Housing Solicitors

The next step in making your housing disrepair claim is contacting one of our specialist housing solicitors. They will examine your case and decide if you are eligible for a claim and compensation.

Please remember to keep records of the disrepair and supply us with anything that may benefit your case. This could include receipts, photographic or video evidence etc.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.