call us


One of the landlord repairing obligations is to keep the property up to acceptable standards, repairing any damages that may occur. If they fail to do so and you are injured as a result, you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim.

An injury via a landlord’s negligence can transpire from a number of avenues. Naturally, you are not eligible for any disrepair cases if the injury is down to your own negligence. It would be viable however if you informed your landlord of damages to the property, and they failed to repair them, which resulted in an injury.

Housing Disrepair Injuries

The sum of your compensation depends entirely on the severity of your injury and any costs as a result of it. Similar to any other housing disrepair claim, it’s highly recommended that you document your injury and utilise any evidence when making your claim. This evidence could include:

  • Photographic or video evidence of injury
  • Photographic or video evidence of what caused the injury, i.e. loose flooring
  • Witness statements
  • Letter/E-Mail sent to landlord about the disrepair
  • Medical costs, after care etc

A home and property should be a place where you feel safe and comfortable. It’s what makes an injury due to a landlord’s negligence so unacceptable. An injury can occur from an abundant of scenarios. Some of these can be due to:

  • Loose flooring
  • Water leaks
  • Mould on walls
  • Hazards from property work/construction
  • Faulty/hazardous furniture, structures, railings etc

If you informed your landlord of these disrepairs and they failed to comply with the landlord repairing obligations, you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim.

Contacting Our Housing Solicitors

Injuries suffered can vary significantly, as will your claim and compensation depending on the severity of injury. Along with claiming for the injury suffered, the compensation could also include medical costs, loss of wages, medication etc.

If you have suffered an injury due to your landlord’s negligence, we recommend contacting one of our specialist housing solicitors. They deal solely in housing disrepair claims, and have a wealth of experience in this sector and successful claims.

For more information on how to claim and our contact details, please head over to our Claim Online page.  

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.