Property Disrepair / Damage

call us

Property Disrepair / Damage

The most common form of disrepair cases are that of disrepair to either the property or belongings and goods inside of the property. This includes disrepair to the property itself, which the landlord has not fixed. This could include:

  • Damaged windows & doors
  • Interior disrepair, such as wallpaper
  • Blocked drains, house gutters, roof etc
  • Exterior walls

Damage to the property also includes that of any belongings or goods of the tenants. If the tenant’s goods or belongings have been damaged to due to the landlord’s disrepair, they are viable to claim. Understandably, you are only eligible to claim if the damage is due to the landlord’s negligence and not your own.

Damage to your belongings, goods or furniture can occur through a variety of avenues. These can include:

  • Damp walls
  • Water damage via leaks or faulty water pipes
  • Damage due to construction occurring in the property
  • Mould on walls

Housing Disrepair Protocol

The landlord is obligated to a housing disrepair protocol throughout your tenancy. Please note that even if you have since left the property, you could still be eligible for a housing disrepair claim. As long as you have sufficient evidence of the disrepair, we are still able to progress with your claim. This evidence could include:

  • Photographic or video evidence of disrepair/damage
  • Witness statements
  • Receipts for damaged goods, furniture, belongings etc
  • Tenant and landlord contract(s)
  • Letter/E-Mail informing the landlord of disrepair

The final point is of great importance. For your claim to be successful, you must provide proof that you informed your landlord of the disrepair and allowed them time to take the appropriate actions. If they failed to repair the issues, they are guilty of housing disrepair.

Contacting Our Housing Solicitors

A housing disrepair claim can be a complex process. It’s our duty to make it as swift and simple as possible. We make this possible by working with the most experienced and successful solicitors who work solely in this sector.

Upon contacting us, we will examine your case and see if you are entitled to a housing disrepair claim and compensation. We are heavily committed to each case we take on and promise to perform to the highest level in winning you your claim.

To contact us and speak more on your claim, please visit our Claim Online page.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.