Visitor Claims

call us

Visitor Claims

If a tenant is injured in a property due to housing disrepair and their landlord’s negligence, they are evidently viable for a claim and compensation. However, what is not so widely known is that visitors to the property are also viable for a claim if injured.

Though someone may not have signed a contract or be living in the property, they are still due the same protection as those living there. Regardless of who is injured, it’s still the landlord’s repairing obligations to keep the health & safety regulations at a suitable level. Therefore the landlord is considered responsible for certain injuries that may occur to a guest or visitor.

Housing Disrepair Protocol

Not dissimilar to a tenant claiming housing disrepair after an injury, the claim only qualifies if the tenants had previously alerted the landlord to such risks. If the landlord failed to repair the hazards, which consequently resulted in a visitor being injured, the injured party is entitled to a claim and possible compensation.

Injuries occurring to visitors are just a likely as it occurring to the tenants. Perhaps even more so due to the fact that whilst the tenants may be aware of certain hazards, and try to avoid them, the visitor could be completely unaware. Therefore they could be more susceptible to injuries.

Injuries can occur from a variety of hazards. These can include:

  • Slips – Due to water leaks
  • Falls – Due to uneven or damaged flooring, loose nails etc
  • Burns – Due to faulty wiring, overheating
  • Cuts/Lacerations – Due to sharp objects
  • Electric shocks – Due to faulty wiring, deficient appliances

No different to that of a tenant, if they were injured due to a housing disrepair and the landlord’s negligence, a visitor could claim compensation for a number of costs. That could include medical costs, loss of wages, after care, medication etc.

Speaking To Our Housing Solicitors

If you have suffered an injury as a visitor or one of your visitors has been injured, it could be a viable case for a claim and compensation. However this must be due to the landlord failing their housing disrepair protocol; failing to fix the disrepair after being informed of the issue.

To make a housing disrepair claim, please visit our Claim Online page for more information and contact details.

Housing Disrepair Claims

To start your housing disrepair claim today or to find out more about claiming ... or give us a call for free on 01626 248608 and speak with one of our advisers.

No Win No Fee

*No Win No Fee: Our No Win No Fee policy only applies to cases involving council owned properties and those owned by housing associations. No Win No Fee does not apply in cases where the property is owned by a private or commercial landlord.